Cockroaches have gained a terrible reputation by trespassing into our homes, dispensing diseases, and crawling into our dreams. Although they seem to be all terrible, they are useful to the ecosystem. They consume decaying organic material, which aids in the normal process of decomposition. Cockroaches play an essential role in the nitrogen cycle, assisting in keeping forests healthy. That stated, nothing can cause more discomfort in your Chattanooga home like flipping on the light in your bathroom and seeing them run away. Even worse still is watching them crawl all over your kitchen. There are several types of roaches, but if you live in Chattanooga or the suburbs of Ridgeside, Tyner and East Ridge, these are the ones you’re most inclined to see:
- American Roaches, often called Palmetto Bugs – American cockroaches are one of the largest and most prevalent species of cockroach. In the southeast, they are frequently called palmetto bugs. However, this is inaccurate for palmetto bugs are a different species called the Florida woods cockroach, which looks different, most often remains outdoors, and exudes a foul odor when frightened, whereas the American roaches do not.
- Brown Banded Roaches – Brown-banded cockroaches are a type of cockroach with the scientific name Supella longipalpa. Although considerably small, they have many traits that make them more annoying than other species.
- German Roaches – German cockroaches, despite their name, are believed to have arisen from Southeast Asia, but we’re not sure of assumption. They are the most skillful species of roach to invade homes, businesses, and other buildings. Although they are naturally adapted to thrive in tropical and warmer habitats, they enjoy living indoors.
- Oriental Roaches – Oriental roaches are deemed as one of the nastiest cockroaches on the planet due to their connection with rubbish. Oriental cockroaches are well known for their taste for trash. They feed on filth, putrid materials, and waste in general.
- Smokey Brown Roaches – Smoky brown roaches are some of the hardiest creatures and can survive in just about any condition, including your home. They are active at night and are proficient in hiding in smallest places.
Bulwark Exterminating proudly services Chattanooga including the ZIP codes 37361, 37363, 37377, 37379, 37402, 37403, 37404, 37405, 37406, 37407, 37408, 37409, 37411, 37412, 37415, 37416, 37419, 37421, 37308, 37351, 37410, 30739, 30736, 30740, 30720, 30721, 30755, 30741, 30725, 30750, 30757, 30742, 30707, 30738, 30728, 30752, 30710, 37397, 37396, 37373, 37362, 37350, 37347, 37340, 37338, 37327, 37315, 37310, 37309, 30756, and 30726