We have used Bulwark Pest Control since we built our house in 2004.. We ONLY use Ryan Peck for our tech and we have recommended him to others. He is a courteous and knowledgeable professional and does a fantastic job. He notices things we don't even see. Then he follows up without us asking to see if we have any problems. Ryan is a major asset to your company. Also, the girls I have spoken to over the phone are very nice.
There are three main species of cockroaches to look out for--American, Oriental, German. The following are the key points that you need to know about each of them when it comes to identifying cockroaches in your home. Remember, if you have any of these cockroaches in your home, call Bulwark Exterminating today!
[caption id="" align="alignleft" width="75"] The american cockroach, Periplaneta americana. Photo by Gary Alpert. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)[/caption]
• Scientific Name: Periplaneta americana
• Size: 28-43 mm (1.1-1.6 in)
• Habitat: Warm and Moist Environments
• Color: Reddish Brown with yellow markings
• Diet: Anything ranging from toothpaste to hair
• Reproduction: 150 eggs per egg case/6-14 egg cases per lifetime
• Danger: Unsanitary, can pick-up disease causing organisms.
• Hiding Place in Home: Basements and Bathrooms
[caption id="" align="alignleft" width="75"] Small oriental cockroach (Blatta Orientalis) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)[/caption]
• Scientific Name: Blatta orientalis
• Size: 25-30 mm (.98-1.2 in)
• Habitat: Cool and Damp environments
• Color: Dark Brown to Black
• Diet: Garbage and decaying matter
• Reproduction: 16 eggs per capsule/2-3 capsules per lifetime
• Danger: Disease vectors
• Hiding Place in Home: Basements, Cellars, Drains, and Water Pipes
[caption id="" align="alignleft" width="75"] English: Upper view of German Cockroach (Blattella germanica) Русский: Таракан-прусак (вид сверху) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)[/caption]
• Scientific Name: Blattella germanica
• Size: 12-15 mm (.51-.63 in)
• Habitat: Warm and Moist Environment
• Color: Tan to Brown, two longitudinal stripes
• Diet: Anything organic in nature
• Reproduction: 30-40 eggs per capsule/5 capsules per life time
• Danger: Unsanitary, disease-carrying
• Hiding Place in Home: Kitchens and Bathrooms
The following video is an expert explaining how these roaches will get into your home.